Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-07-18 03:23:06

patschwieterman
Administrator

"Susie and the Cheese Band" -- anecdote

I worked for many years in a record store, and customers’ manglings of band names often proved to be eggcornish. The best I remember occurred when an older man came in looking for a tape his daughter wanted: “Do you have the new one by Susie and the Cheese Band?” We were stumped for a few moments. The Cheese Band?! Finally a possibility occurred to me: “Do you mean ‘Siouxsie and the Banshees’?” “Yes, that’s it! Band Cheese, Cheese Band—whatever….”

#2 2006-07-24 19:32:51

Non-Compassionate Liberal

Re: "Susie and the Cheese Band" -- anecdote

In the late ‘60’s, the “Mother’s of Invention”, Frank Zppa’s group had a fictional character named “Suzie CreamCheese”, though I don’t think it was a tittle of an album.

Board footer