Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2009-06-15 02:49:28

klakritz
Eggcornista

'leap of fate' for 'leap of faith'

‘Tempt faith’ for ‘tempt fate’ was recorded here in 2006. This substitution goes in the opposite direction and is fairly common:

Instead of a blind leap of fate in getting whatever solutions the consulting firm developed for you to work, agree up-front on what you’re prepared to pay …
www.evancarmichael.com/Small-Business-C … s-of-Small

When we embark on a new endeavor, we’ve often taken a leap of fate, follow a gut feeling, or act on a deep knowing …
blog.balanceandjoy.com/

Congrats on taking a leap of fate and exploring the world!
blogs.msdn.com/robburke/archive/2007/05/21/all-good-things.aspx

Quite a leap of fate for an actress who has always taken grave risks with her career! How does it feel to be playing an angel?
www.bollywoodgossips.net/bollywood-goss … angel.html

Can you make it through the fire? Or will you get burned? The wildest ride in the woods! Do you dare to take the leap of fate?
www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4904262/what-r … ach-result

#2 2009-06-18 05:15:59

burred
Eggcornista

Re: 'leap of fate' for 'leap of faith'

Wonderful eggcorn! Has all the hallmarks and is earmarked for a best-of-the-year for me. A leap of fate is at once the same and quite different from a leap of faith, depending on what’s there to catch you.

Last edited by burred (2009-06-18 05:18:26)

Board footer