Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2009-11-11 08:11:42

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

Verocity, speed fierceness or truth?

“Well, that lit up the phone lines of middle England with such verocity anyone would have thought she was calling for Zimbabwe’s Robert Mugabe to be the next King of England.

My heart was racing so fast and my limbs trembling with such verocity that I couldn’t even run anymore and so I had to sit down on a park bench and chill out for another 15 …

... and will be shortly, which live up to grandiose ideas and innovative gameplay, such as … Amaterasu, leapt into the fray, slashing at the great monster with magical verocity.

Miles spoke with amazing resilience when describing the ordeal of having ‘’Liberators’’ attacked with such verocity. He expressed no bitterness about critics’ efforts to block …

Perhaps noone expected the provocation to backfire with such verocity and that this would be echoed the world over.”

Somewhere between bad spelling, a portmanteau word and an eggcorn? It’s not just badly spelt, unless you pronounce ferocity and verocity, and even velocity, the same.

On the plain in Spain where it mainly rains.

#2 2009-11-11 08:50:46

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Re: Verocity, speed fierceness or truth?

Fierce, swift and extremely greedy too, if that is voracity I spy lurking in the background.

#3 2009-11-12 04:31:48

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

Re: Verocity, speed fierceness or truth?

With a warlike hint of “bellicosity” ?

On the plain in Spain where it mainly rains.

Board footer