Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2009-11-12 20:37:00

Jay

Taste bugs for tastebuds

Some years ago I had young helper on the job who was quite industrious, bright, fairly articulate, but had only finished one year in high school, then stepped out into the wide world to chase women and sell drugs. He was a great help on the job (after he had finished his time in re-hab). He had grown-up in a bi-lingual household/neighborhood, and he often surprised me with the things he would do or say.

Describing some particular spicy sauce or gravy cooked-up by his people, he told me how much he missed being able to find it, and even talking about it made his taste-bugs water.

“your what?” sez I…”Taste-bugs” sez he, “You know, da little tings on ya tongue”.

By the way, as far as I know he’s happily married and still off the drugs…YAY

Jay

#2 2009-11-12 23:08:05

kem
Eggcornista

Re: Taste bugs for tastebuds

This one has legs, Jay (pun intended). There are many examples of this error on the Internet.

I also see a few examples of “nipped in the bug.” Whatever that might mean.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer