Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-02-10 21:29:43

David Bird
Eggcornista

"turkey buzzer" for turkey buzzard

An earlier entry pegged the buzzer/buzzard switch as a probable Cupertino. There are more flying buzzers out there, and some are clearly intentional. Perhaps it is understood that a turkey buzzer buzzes turkeys, or buzzes the countryside for that matter, like a low-flying aircraft.

Chat forum
All I can buddy is OUCH if she get’s a hold of U. It be like a turkey buzzer on a field mouse, no chance to squeek.

Bird strikes
While in Mexico, I investigated a B757 for bird ingestion. On T/O it ingested a turkey buzzer (a large bird) and the engine stopped producing thrust
Reply: Wonder what kind of predatory bird would be on the top of the food chain for a really large turkey buzzer type bird…not sure we want that kind around either.

Vulture on a gravestone
Photographer’s comment: I wish I knew what kind of vultures these are, because they run rampant down there and like to perch in places that are unsettling to begin with and their presence doesn’t help.
Commenter: that’s just a turkey buzzer....nice pic!

Last edited by David Bird (2010-02-11 07:02:43)

#2 2010-02-11 12:11:07

kem
Eggcornista

Re: "turkey buzzer" for turkey buzzard

A number of web writers lament the decline of the California Candor. Too much Hollywood hype?

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer