Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-08-21 18:29:42

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

unbounding

Still you have to come up to a point when it has to click in such a way that you start feeling the awareness of that unbounding love

here-now! in the unbounding breadth and depth of ‘today’

We revel in all aspects of life on the planet and feel unbounding joy in living a Pagan life. The Earth is our mother and sister

I should think, see, hear and speak drawing from the eternal fountain of God’s power, manifesting an unbounding joy and love

With all of us the year has not been full of unbounding contentment, joy and happiness. Dame Nature has at times seen fit to cast many a threatening frown

You will be pleased with the unbounding beauty that can be achieved with the consistent quality of these fine drawing materials.

It is, I suppose, a blend of abounding (or abundant ?) with unbounded . In a way it seems like “unbounding” ought to be the opposite of “abounding”, but in another way it can be taken (and pretty clearly is taken in some other contexts, e.g. below) to mean something pretty close to “unbinding”, i.e. freeing, liberating. That, in the contexts above, feels like a pretty eggcornish reshaping to me.

We present here an excerpt from Unbounding the Future, by Eric Drexler and Chris Peterson

Unbounding entrepreneurial intents of university students: a multidisciplinary perspective.

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

#2 2010-08-21 19:51:02

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: unbounding

Great stuff, I think you nailed it. The ‘ing’ suffix seems to open the word more, where ‘ed’ would be confining. “Bound” is polyvalent and ripe with possibilities, being simultaneously “tied”, “moving”, “springing” and “fecund”. So those entrepreneurial students can unleash an IPO at a single unbound.

A couple of other unbindings. First, one of those mystical cases of neonates springing forth fully formed.

Chris Blair and his wife Heather are now beaming parents to a bounding baby boy
Video production notes

Defined and delimited by physique.

I would rather have the curvy chick with nice rack and can to stare at then some muscle bounded dude.
Game review

#3 2010-08-23 10:55:40

kem
Eggcornista

Re: unbounding

“Abounding->unbounding.” Capital. This is also a case of word misdivision, “abounding” deriving from “ab+” + “undare,” to flow away from.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer