Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2009-06-13 22:33:50

Craig C Clarke
Eggcornista
Website

Hammeroids

Question: Anal Fissure and Thombosed Hammeroid .Surgery yes or no?
http://www.doctorslounge.com/surgery/fo … 11324.html

While I can’t come up with enough imagery to consider this an eggcorn, “hammer” does give it a feeling of something unwanted, you’ve been struck with, it’s had an impact. We use that sense all the time: “He really got hammered.”

#2 2009-06-14 12:11:24

burred
Eggcornista

Re: Hammeroids

Roids can really hammer you, it’s true. The hemorr to hammer retooling also appears as brain hammerrage, and there are other cases of hammeraging to be found on the web.

The “conseat” being indelicate, let me skirt around the results of further research stimulated by your post by saying that it is possible to find multiple evocations of volcanic fishers plaguing the planet. I call it as a malaprop by those for whom the fissure/fisher pair are homophones, though it’s fun to imagine that the users are fishing for some significance in it.

Underground fire discussion:
With all the Earthquakes going on in Kalifonistan I would bet it is a new volcanic fisher pushing its way up
(http://www.fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?p= … 5d51c7135c)

#3 2009-06-14 12:17:31

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Craig: any non-builder who has used up more than a few lbs of nails will have missed one of them and located a finger or thumb instead. Painful. So perhaps not quite so uneggcornish after all. Apparently more than half of us will experience haemorrhoids during our lifetimes too – probably far more than will lift a hammer. And it strikes me that ‘ham’ itself, with its rosy redness, may contribute a bit of colour if nothing else to this image. Enough!

#4 2010-09-24 17:04:45

MissPoste

At last we know why those pants were so baggy!

Board footer