Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-09-28 13:03:54

burred
Eggcornista

"untowered" and "untoured" for untoward

Untoward is an unpreposition. It means “unruly, disinclined, difficult to manage, unlucky, unpropitious, adverse, or unseemly.” I have difficulty with untowered; it seems to teeter on the brink of laying on the green. Perhaps it is thought of as “not in order”? Ditto untoured. Nice homophone but the tour looks accidental.

Police raid
They’ve never done anything to make me suspect anything untowered was going on there.

NY Sweepstakes
based on what’s going on in NY, with the Hevesi pension fund scandal and Cuomo’s interest in State contract awards won by big time lobbyists, I find it hard to believe that anything untowered will be permitted this go round.

Pharmacology
Many other effects of drugs are referred to as side effects, adverse effects, untowered effects and even toxic effects.

Game board
Since we’ve joined this alliance 40 jumps from where we were I havn’t really smacked talked much or said anything untowered aside from local chats.

Mom’s blog
I remained calm, shaking free the freak thought that rolled into my mind (as they always do) that something untowered had befallen him.

Government expenses records
And the place should now be placed under army control, and full secured against any destruction, so that nothing untowered happends to these evidences!!!

Pet injury
I know that the trauma is going to cause some swelling—and there’s no sign of infection or anything untoured

Two “anything untoured”, 4 “anything untowered”

Board footer