Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2010-10-12 08:02:06

Huskerduer

This may have already been suggested...

...but what about adding a “search” field on the main page so we could see if an eggcorn’s already been suggested for the database?

Just a thought, in the spirit of saving space.

Seacrest Out.

#2 2010-10-12 08:04:52

Huskerduer

Re: This may have already been suggested...

Yeah, never mind.

Why, though, do the redirect links seem to “disappear” when I hover over them? It’s very late and I am tired.

Thanks

#3 2010-10-12 17:57:20

patschwieterman
Administrator

You’re talking about adding to the forum page a search button that would search the whole site, right? I think that would be a good idea—I spend most of my time on the forum page, but when I do a search, I always use the second box on the Database page so I can see every relevant hit on the whole site. Sometimes I find myself resenting the extra two seconds that takes.

Chris has said before that she’d like to redo the whole “back end” of the site, so I doubt we’ll get many changes before she has a chance to remake things more fully.

I’m not sure I understand the question in the second post—I’m going to go hover over some redirect links right now.

#4 2010-10-13 18:35:59

Huskerduer

Regarding the disappearing links: when I’m in the forum and I want to go back to see all the posts, I’ll move up to the “Forum Index” to click the link, and they all disappear. However, the link is still there; I can click it and still be redirected.

Inneresting….....

Board footer