Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-10-12 03:02:06

Huskerduer

This may have already been suggested...

...but what about adding a “search” field on the main page so we could see if an eggcorn’s already been suggested for the database?

Just a thought, in the spirit of saving space.

Seacrest Out.

#2 2010-10-12 03:04:52

Huskerduer

Re: This may have already been suggested...

Yeah, never mind.

Why, though, do the redirect links seem to “disappear” when I hover over them? It’s very late and I am tired.

Thanks

#3 2010-10-12 12:57:20

patschwieterman
Administrator

You’re talking about adding to the forum page a search button that would search the whole site, right? I think that would be a good idea—I spend most of my time on the forum page, but when I do a search, I always use the second box on the Database page so I can see every relevant hit on the whole site. Sometimes I find myself resenting the extra two seconds that takes.

Chris has said before that she’d like to redo the whole “back end” of the site, so I doubt we’ll get many changes before she has a chance to remake things more fully.

I’m not sure I understand the question in the second post—I’m going to go hover over some redirect links right now.

#4 2010-10-13 13:35:59

Huskerduer

Regarding the disappearing links: when I’m in the forum and I want to go back to see all the posts, I’ll move up to the “Forum Index” to click the link, and they all disappear. However, the link is still there; I can click it and still be redirected.

Inneresting….....

Board footer