Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-08-06 09:57:33

klakritz
Eggcornista

'law biting citizens'

We already have ‘law obeding citizens.’ This new one doesn’t make much sense, but it’s fairly common-

I agree with everyone saying that the only guns our government will be taking away are the legal ones owned by law biting citizens.
www.nissanoffroad.net/messageboard/index.php?action…

Tenn. House overrides Governor’s guns in bars veto – WKRN … “I ask that you … give the law-biting citizens of this state a right to protect themselves,” said Republican House sponsor Curry Todd …
www.wkrn.com/global/story.asp?s=12599391

Klansmen are White Patriotic Christians, and are law biting citizens.
www.knightskkk.com/whyBOK.html

Wyatt was a tough law biting citizen out of Dodge City, who moves to Tombstone with the intentions of striking gold and becoming rich. ...
www.oppapers.com/essays/Tombstone/40474

I believe that by attacking the patriot act the ACLU is only protecting criminals and terrorist at the expense of law biting citizens.
www.americasdebate.com/forums/index.php … pic…p…

#2 2010-08-06 15:03:55

fpberger
Eggcornista

Re: 'law biting citizens'

Running through my head right now is “I bit the law, and the law won”.

Maybe biting the law is like drinking the Koolaid? Eating the communion wafer? Accepting it into your body…

#3 2010-10-31 14:52:45

CatherineR
Eggcornista

Re: 'law biting citizens'

Maybe law biting citizens think they are nourished by the law? Or that it gives them some kind of stoical courage, like biting the bullet? Or maybe they believe in laws that have teeth? For biting other citizens, of course. The non-law biting ones.

Last edited by CatherineR (2010-10-31 14:57:04)

Board footer