Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2011-02-14 20:39:45

David Bird
Eggcornista

"Freakles" for freckles

The word freckles comes from the same root as “sprout” and “spray”. People without freckles think nothing of them, as far as I know, but apparently those who have them can be freak out about it, to the point of thinking they’re freakles. There are several hundred freakle hits.

Book club
That’s what you use dandelion tea (dried roots) for. Soak the roots in water and moonlight and it’ll fade freakles an liver spots, used as a wash.

Life goal
have no more freakles
I have always wanted to have no freakles, but I have grown up with them.

Photography site
Freakles in Photography!
my subject in this one is freakles! please take a look and fav or comment on the ones you like.. i think that freakles are beautiful and make beautiful imagery!

Beauty forum
Can People With Freakles Wear Foundation?
Ok So I Got Some Crazie Freakle Buissness Going On Here. . . I Have freakles across my face from about one inch off my left ear 2 one inch off my right

Hating on Lindsay Lohan
BYE THE WAY YOU LOOK UGLY WITH ALL YOUR FREAKLES HA HA HA HA HA FREAKELED FREAK AND I MEAN IT !!!!!!!!!!

This one from Australia may be phonetic spelling – note “learn to leave with them.”

Australian reminiscence
I’m the same, I have a heap of freakles and moles and I wish I didn’t have them, but they are a part of me and I have learn to leave with them. When I was younger my freakles were a lot darker then what they are now and I remember when I was about 6 years old I was at a birthday party and some of the boys were teasing me cause of my freakles

#2 2011-02-14 22:00:19

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Re: "Freakles" for freckles

The negative ones might well involve the idea that freakles make you look freaky. The Lindsay Lohan post might be making that explicit, or might be cluing us in to the person trying to purposely commit a non-standard cleverness.

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

#3 2011-02-15 11:17:46

burred
Eggcornista

Re: "Freakles" for freckles

They might just be spelling mistakes on the model of ‘breakfast’.

Board footer