Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2011-03-27 05:21:53

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

"is pot on" for "is spot on"

what this friend is saying is so important and if Wilcox and co won’t listen, it means they are feeding us bullshit, the guy is pot on,

Composition of the shot is pot on

Firm and very tasty, the bacon/leek balance is pot on

The price was reasonable compared to other companies and the size of the dumpster was pot on for my project

I think the reviewer was pot on in the comment that normal people are almost incapable of enjoying this movie

So, you ask, does anybody say ‘are/were pot on’?

It contains dos and don’ts lists that are pot on

DBeech & Oz are pot on

Thanks guys it turns out that it was the CAM sensor in the end, so you were pot on

OK, these may be typos and the semantics of “spot on” mixed with “on the pot” ot “pot-luck” are a stretch but I think it’s a goody.

And there are ten ghits for “it was spot luck”. No time to investigate further, apparently I’m to “stop wasting your time on your silly websites”.

On the plain in Spain where it mainly rains.

#2 2011-03-27 18:26:17

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Re: "is pot on" for "is spot on"

Perhaps pot shots are mixed up in there as well. Pot holes ? (Just came across pock-holed …)

Nice one.

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

Board footer