Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2011-03-30 15:20:20

David Bird
Eggcornista

"Pigeon hold" and "pidgin hold" for "pigeon holed"

I defy anyone to pigeonhole me – I’ve been eating free popcorn and seedy, bready handouts indiscriminately for too long to be sleek enough to fit. But they might be able to put a pigeon hold on me.

Out-of-control managers
They try to pigeon hold people under them such that they can continue to collect fat pay check without having to do much…

Gamer forum.
Why don’t you like rap music (just wondering because people tend to generalize or pigeon-hold it a lot)?

Twitter quotes
From a message board: “You shouldn’t “PIGEON-HOLD” your child!” Pigeon-hold. PIGEON-HOLD.

Rap mondegreen
Don’t try to pigeon hold me baby

News forum
Wags got all bent and twisted and tried to pigeon hold my views.

Business research papers for sail
Unlike Microsoft, Google does not pigeon hold its customers by forcing them to buy and use bundles.

Essays for sail
We all seem to pigeon hold his death and resurrection as a fairytale told at church.

Music forum
u people r pathetic,,this is a great band,,,,anyone of u would join them if u we’re ever asked…its people like u that pigeon hold america

Alternative double banger: pidgin hold, which appears to be used as some form of procrustean hammerlock.

Fanfic forum
why should we pidgin-hold the characters and our stories to an antiquated value system

Law school discussion
I applaud your immense ability to pidgin-hold, limit, and restrict yourself as a Cooley graduate before you have even sat for a single class.

Spiritual forum
There is a great pidgin hold, an achilles heel that I do no understand.

Gamer forum
And the Off builds that fall into sub niche categorized, that if I even try to pidgin hold them I’d hear about it for months.

And finally, the past tense:

Gamer speak
I would disagree with some people saying that this will be a traditional mmo were classes are pidgin hold-ed into: one class only heals and the other only tanks, others DPS.

Last edited by David Bird (2011-03-30 16:18:17)

#2 2011-03-30 16:13:29

kem
Eggcornista

Re: "Pigeon hold" and "pidgin hold" for "pigeon holed"

A good complement to our earlier coverage of buttonhole/buttonhold:http://eggcorns.lascribe.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2941

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer