Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2011-05-20 21:29:16

burred
Eggcornista

"Sorrid" as a blend of horrid, sordid, and sorry

Sorrid usually excites interest and admiration from the crowd.

Blog
If one wishes to see the sorrid Homosexual lifestyle, then go to one of the Homosexual Clubs
Response: Sorry? Torrid? Sordid? Gotta help us out here.

Blog
I’m obliquely reminded to mention an interesting misspelling/mispronunciation: some years back, two friends of mine (who I went to high school with in Palo Alto) referred to someone’s “sorrid past.” They were really surprised to hear that the word they meant was spelled and pronounced sordid. We never did figure out where they’d both learned it as sorrid. And this came up again recently, when someone else who also grew up in Palo Alto casually used the word sorrid in conversation. (In this recent case the person did know the word sordid when I mentioned it, though.) So now I’m wondering if this is a Palo Alto thing, or if everyone learns it that way. Kinda like frustum, which even computer-graphics professionals tend to believe is spelled and pronounced frustrum.

Boxing forum
Boxers – Bad Men And Their Sorrid Stories
thinking on things said in a number of threads over the past few months, I decided to create this thread, detailing all things especially sorrid that boxers have participated in.
Response: Torrid? Sordid? Neologism? Either way, I like it.

Blog
To the few still keeping tabs on my sorrid life…
Response 1: congratulations its beautiful! Your life must not be too sorrid
Response 2: Sorrid… is that a cross between sordid and torrid?

See also sordid » sorted

Board footer