Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2011-06-28 17:32:12

David Bird
Eggcornista

"Diluted" liberals, and "self dilution"

The liberal viewpoint is weak-kneed and wishy-washy. It’s so diluted, tasteless and without good hearty nourishment. Oddly enough, all the examples I could find of “diluted conservative” meant just that, a kind of watered-down conservatism. But treatments of a liberal viewpoint as “diluted”, where deluded was clearly wanted, are legion.

I love statements from diluted liberals that are TOTAL BS.
Political discourse

Dear diluted Liberal,
You are the typical sick and diluted Liberal.
Public forum troll

At the same time the diluted liberal media will depict the people as extremists or right-wingers to solidify the “left.”
Politics forum

And as I said, only a diluted liberal would think and authorization for use of force does not include force.
http://www.cubagreenscreen.com/forum/sh … ?pid=20768

Perhaps a bit more faith and belief in the moral code of scripture by those very politicians, as well as by the diluted liberal majority who have elected them, would have averted the very corruption and decay that we now see worldwide.
Church and state letters to the editor

Self dilution is available to anyone, not just lefties.

oh you poor self diluted people where do you all come from. Now I like boobies just as much as any other headerosexual male
MySpace Blog

You don’t own anyones mind braintrust. You are just a self diluted person that gets off on trying to piss people off. In other words you are a self diluted troll.
Gamer board

Are these related, or are they blends with illusion?

Is intense love for someone dilusional?
http://www.experienceproject.com/questi … nal/384209

Are social activists dillusional?
Answer by “You Fascists areBound to Lose”: dillusional? is that something to do with pickles?
Aussie Yahoo questions

#2 2011-06-28 18:37:13

patschwieterman
Administrator

Re: "Diluted" liberals, and "self dilution"

Oddly enough, all the examples I could find of “diluted conservative” meant just that, a kind of watered-down conservatism.

The first ghit I got does look to me like an example of the reshaping—the writer seems to be a liberal rather than a disgruntled hardline rightwinger:

I like to think that this is a depiction of what’s going on inside of the most diluted conservatives’ brains.
http://www.stfuconservatives.net/post/3497325324

But you’re right—there don’t seem to be as many of these. I’m more or less a liberal and therefore (of course) biased, but I’ve often felt that George Lakoff’s contention that the Right is both more determined to “frame” liberal positions and more successful at doing so probably has something to it. Of course, then you’d expect there to be more “deluded liberals” than “deluded conservatives,” and I haven’t checked that (and the numbers are probably too big to check in any verifiable way).

Edit: I originally wrote the WTFT “deliberate conservatives” for “deluded conservatives.” Amazing things, WTFTs.

Last edited by patschwieterman (2011-06-30 15:12:27)

Board footer