Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2011-07-22 05:36:48

burred
Eggcornista

"heat frustration" for prostration

I wanted to enter this one last night, but it was just too hot. I had heat frustration.

I turned on the shower and made sure the water was luke warm, so I didn’t die of heat frustration.
Fan fiction

For infrared motion detectors, extreme low temperature arctic rated thermal wear including full face bellaclavas, gloves and socks can be used. Although the average thief may die of heat frustration prior to successfully getting in and out of a building.
Beating an intruder detection system

That’s an attractive bellaclava you’re wearing.

That night, we retired to our room and undressed for bed. Joy wore sweats and I thought she’d die of heat frustration.
Desire in a shared hotel room

Bless your cotton socks. That is awful. You could die of heat frustration in that kind of heat with no AC.
Air conditioning problem

#2 2011-07-22 09:44:08

kem
Eggcornista

Re: "heat frustration" for prostration

Wonderful. Montreal should be meteorologically challenged more often.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer