Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2005-11-16 20:05:08

klakritz
Eggcornista

'public hair' for 'pubic hair'

Another of thise meaning-reversal Eggcorns, since it refers to the least public of hairs. So common- 50,000+ ghits- that I’d describe it as nearly mainstream if it weren’t so ridiculous. Examples:

Variation in facial and public hair growth in white women. THOMAS PK, FERRIMAN DG. PMID: 13470041 [PubMed – OLDMEDLINE for Pre1966]
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve& db=PubMed&list_uids=13470041&dopt=Abstract

The effect of non-shaving public hair on the incidence of urinary …There quit a lot of negative expressions from clients who got public hair shaved. We recommended that public hair shaved for general catheterized client …
www.hellis.org/modules.php?op=modload& name=websis&file=imsear&from=imsear1&show=93498

Cosmopolitan : Couple conundrum: I like using my boyfriend’s beard trimmer on my public hair. Is there a groomer out there made for this purpose …
static.highbeam.com/c/cosmopolitan/january012003/ coupleconundrumilikeusingmyboyfriendsbeardtrimmero/

Clarence (public hair in my coke) Thomas, and Condoleeza (disgrace to her race) Rice are perfect examples.
www.perspectives.com/forums/ view_topic.php?id=67048&forum_id=4

She has no underarm or public hair growth and no breast development. She has an appointment with an endocrinologist but it is 2 months away!
www.drlockie.com/faq_skin.htm

Board footer