Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2011-11-13 17:24:45

burred
Eggcornista

"Growing area" for groin

What might the growing area be? The generative organs? The fertile delta? Don’t tell me it has to do with changes in morphology. It changes with maturity? Those who pronounce ”-ing” as ”-een” might make homophones of groin and growing.

Or how bout from a male “I got a pain in my growing area”
(well, some grows and some don’ts, lol)
http://allnurses.com/general-nursing-di … page8.html

a couple of months ago i was playing basketball and i suffered a growing injury which left me in pain with no signs of blood right away. then a few days later i started to see just a little bit of blood, it just comes and goes and its never alot but it hasnt stop.
Medical help forum – im worried about my growing

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard believes his lay-off with a growing injury has recharged his batteries
Football news

Their is no two players with the kind of chemistry they have. Henrik was playing with a growing injury.
http://hfboards.com/archive/index.php/t-927329.html

I have fungus on the growing area. It is very scratching and burning.
Dermatology answers

Check the growing area frequently over the next few weeks to remove any sprouted weeds.
Three sisters garden

I have a rash on the side of my leg in the growing region what may be the cause of it?
Med forum

For the first time I found a friend who was always there for me and could make me smile and laugh. Like this one time he sprayed a flamable chemecal on his ‘growing region’ and then lit it on fire. We laughed about that for weeks.
Blog

get a ultrasound of your balls you may have a infection of your epdimites which is due to either urinary track infections or the clap from what i read im on my second time with that situation it will give a pain in the growing area and lower back some time.
Burning sensation

See also He fell on his groans

#2 2011-11-14 07:21:39

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Re: "Growing area" for groin

I’d have sworn that we had discussed this one already. It’s a good one, and well-entrenched for quite a number of people, it seems.

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

#3 2011-11-14 15:24:59

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: "Growing area" for groin

My brain was probably primed by your book again. That opus could loosen anyone’s grip on language. It occurred to me later that some of these might be cupertinos for those who spelled it “groing”.

Speaking of silicisms, there is need for a parallel website to collect the best. They don’t belong here, but it is easy to collect them. One runs into them more frequently all the time. And now there is Siri, and damn you, Autocorrect!.

Board footer