Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2011-12-15 18:18:36

burred
Eggcornista

"financé/e" for fiancé/e

When you are betroughed to another, you have made a commitment of trust, fido, indicated by the fancy moniker fiancé/e. Your financé/e, on the other hand, must depend on you to keep up the luxurious lifestyle. There are thousands of hits for this one, for both genders (or more, I guess), so I suspect that the needle points to eggcorn for at least some of them. It’s hard to say whether anyone makes the connection to underwriting, however.

My financee has applied for SSI. When his unemployment runs out, he was told to notify him that right now he makes too much money.
Just Answers

It Is Adviceble To Give My Financee Some Money To Trade With? pls i need your advice … now am now thinking of giving her some money to trade with.
http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-86108.0.html

i visited my financee and the next day found myself in his brother’s car with their aunty. i was naked only wearing panty
Financee dreams

I have been trying to send money to ghana to get my financee home but western union nor money gram will let me. Is there some other way to send money
http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-mone … 10384.html

#2 2011-12-15 22:47:52

kem
Eggcornista

Re: "financé/e" for fiancé/e

Leaping lizards, that’s a good Republican eggcorn (yes, I just watched Annie).

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer