Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2012-02-26 05:32:37

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'keep trap of' for 'keep track of'

I’m not sure how to interpret this but the need to keep checking on a trap – for responsible trappers at least – suggests itself.

Medical assistants are required to keep trap of all appointments, and schedule appointments for patients.

It is important to keep a trap of one’s rates, however, especially if one is in debt to a particular institution or indeed, if a person owes the individual money.

I have been manually keeping trap of the miles and gallons for every fuel fill. My calculations show between 41 – 44 MPG (which is still good), ...

Is it just me or people are getting sick and tired of these sites who is keeping trap on everyone? So this is like “big brother” on an another level …

As the treasurer, I kept trap of the budget we had. I handled reimbursing the other volunteers ..

#2 2012-02-29 01:37:04

larrybob
Eggcornista

Re: 'keep trap of' for 'keep track of'

Maybe Trapper Keeper binders help students keep trap of their homework?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trapper_Keeper
Review of an app: “Great for keeping trap of homework but takes to long to set up.”

If you don’t keep trap of things, you are apt to lose trap of them:
“I had a couple different back straps and trigger guards and I must admit, at this point I have lost trap of what tparts came with what.”
(from a firearms related forum – maybe trap shooting has something to do with it?)

Which leads me to think of another trap/track swap:
“We then went track shooting, where the clay pigeon launcher shot the projectiles in various directions.”

Board footer