Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2012-04-17 11:22:52

David Bird
Eggcornista

To "speak valiums" rather than volumes

Another unlikely eggcorn suggested by a social forum. The first hit is a first person account of a first person account that outlines a perp’s justification. Otherwise, speaking valiums might suggest a need for sedatives.

I have a friend that says, “It spoke valiums.” The first time I thought I misheard her. The second time I knew she was a moron. I explained to her the word is “volumes”, like many books. She said it was “valiums” because drugs make people talk a lot. She said my way made more sense but she still says “valiums.” She’s a moron but she’s sweet.
http://www.redditgadgetguide.com/r/AskR … on_a_limp/

I have come to this scripture last night God has spoken to my heart. I still believe in absolute truth, however; this scripture speaks Valiums to all.
R: Hmmm, I’ve heard some make mention of the ‘opiate’ for the masses but not valium lol.
Scripture forum

You continue helping me with the same enthusiasm long after you sold me all I needed and that speaks valiums about your character and ethics.
Pond forum

Speaking of Jerenovsky: His only presence in Russian Duma speaks valiums about your political system.
Politics forum

To me it speaks valiums that she took him back so fast
Celebrity gf abuse

Yes you enjoy pure art as visual, I agree with you, I have friends that are awesome creative living canvases of aw, and like Moby, a single Black tattoo places upon the back of his neck speaks valiums and a beautiful friend of mine she has a small well placed Tribal Tiger upon her chest with tribal stripes in jet black perfectly mirrored down each of her sides to her down.
What do tattoos mean forum

his video speaks valiums on our cause in a very short span of time.
Blurb for anti-corruption video

#2 2012-04-17 16:32:10

burred
Eggcornista

Re: To "speak valiums" rather than volumes

Here are some variations. The first is a nonce, and probably intentional, but funny either way. The second is a blendicule of valiums and volumes that comes up quite commonly when values are in question.

So, do I really believe that Manning went to his cabinet (his “flock”—as in sheep) and told them that this woman with special powers told him to call the election? Well, I do! And that the others (Emily Dick-Forde was a given) went along with that speaks vacuums for the intelligence of the nation’s cabinet.
Trinidad and Tobago Newsday commentary

The bathroom speaks values about who you are
Apartment review

The fact that you consistently leave those words off speaks values about your integrity and honesty in this discussion.
Political forum

Optimus looked down at the shorter Autobot and nodded, warm blue optics glinting in kindness. “Everyone deserves a second chance, Repugnus. The fact that you tried to save Red Alert—the very person who placed you in chains—speaks values about your character.”
Fanfic

Last edited by burred (2012-04-17 17:29:30)

Board footer