Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2012-05-03 21:59:10

burred
Eggcornista

"lice bread" for sliced bread

The first person account explains it, kind of. The other hits are clearly ESL, but hey. Maybe they think we cherish lousy bread.

Here’s one I’m guilty of: For the longest time I used to say “that’s the best thing since liced bread” ... having no idea why having bread with lice in it was a good thing.
http://lexitist.tribe.net/thread/aa0f2a … ebb6a2e067

Does it make me less of a man for wanted to spend my time with you. Does it make me less of a man for telling you that, your the best thing since lice bread.
Poet

they’re talking high and mighty now but once mou figures out to beat them completely it over for them, cause they wont change their way of playing since its the best thing since lice bread
Soccer fan

All this while I thought I’m weird and the girlfriend(s) would give me you-didn’t-just-say-that-did-you look when i tell them i never wash my sock, i just buy new pairs whenever i feel i like a new one or whenever there is new nice smell emitting from it. That is why they invented 3-in-a-pack! It’s the best thing since lice bread, RM10 and you get 3 pairs, are you kidding me?
How do you get your washing so white?

Let’s see, Fiddy Cent is about RM1.50, so the socks are about a buck a pair.

Board footer