Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2012-05-14 01:54:12

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

take it has read/take it as read

While there are loads of contexts where “take it has read” is fine (Smith, who I take it has read the letter) , the first ghits show a certain confusion:

......so let’s take it has read that you will write well, argue coherently, reference appropriately and correctly and provide a convincing conclusion; ...

If there ever was proof of her marriage to Edward IV I think we can take it has read it was destroyed a long time ago.

As Christians one of the things at the heart of our faith is our belief in Jesus, it is so fundamental that we take it has read, rightly so, our faith stands or falls on …

But that’s the problem at the Golden Palace some fans take it has read, it’s our club and I pay for my ticket so I have the rights to have a go …

Last edited by JuanTwoThree (2012-05-14 01:54:53)

On the plain in Spain where it mainly rains.

#2 2012-05-14 08:28:24

burred
Eggcornista

Re: take it has read/take it as read

We might call that one the airy has*. It’s heither a Québecois haccent, a misspelling, a WTFT, or a hitchy typing finger. Here are other airy has’s from around the web, where the same perps ave used more than one has. It’s fun to think that some of these are intentional, because they sometimes make a weird kind of sense. That they do is a sign of advanced eggcornistan delirium, perhaps.

Says he as right has rain now…never felt better. ... Has I finish this blog ARDB’s ashs
are in a box on the settee..where he used to like to chill.
Bad week for funerals

He caught her has her legs give way. ... And a cool cloth on your forehead too.You will be as right has rain soon.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 215AA092wN

although some meds can make you sleepy,although fibrio also has fatigue his part and parcil of the condiction,some day;s you could easley sleep all day,and
others,you are has right has rain
Disease forum

Hi there ed you look young and has fit has a fiddle, you has young has you fill whats that 21 sorry my hearing going
Mexico retirement

i actually have faith in him going where he wants too , and has far has his abilities allow him… i’m a big fella , i’m fit has a fiddle , and i have a short fuse … All the best Ziggy , and everyone else. who’s been here has long has me.
Australian boxing threat exchange, corncreteman

*Edit: BTW, this was an oblique reference to a recent column on Language Log (I thought) about the difference between as and like, where someone talked about the “hairy as”, but I can’t seem to find that now.

Last edited by burred (2012-05-14 11:05:14)

Board footer