Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2012-06-25 14:18:13

burred
Eggcornista

"cut me a little bit of snack" for slack

Heard this afternoon on a radio show about mystery novels. I’m going to try to link to a wav file of the passage. It’s about a meg, so you may have to wait for it to load. Otherwise, it’s here, at the 12:53 mark.

I agree that there are so many opportunities in a day and in a life to feel wounded by someone else’s lack of consideration. Maybe we need to cut them a little snack. Maybe if we had gone through what they are going through (suddenly divorced, diagnosed with a terminal condition, facing challenges of …
Leadership blog

OP: hahaha,o jampisa batho wa bona??u shud cut them some snack.:”D
reply: I really hope that person who said “cut me some snack” was engrishing on purpose..i will never get over that tweet :”“”“D
Tweets from Lesotho

I am a dorkish, geekish, retardish, person e_e But hey! Cut me some snack. xD I love Gaia and I wish to make friends smilies/icon_surprised.gif
Kids Forum

CampBX.com cut me some snack on the early mistakes I made
Cryptocurrency forum

Our local audience has neither the long experience nor the sophistication of New York audiences, so I cut them a little snack.
Opera peever

I was sorta disappointed in the old Concourse Steakhouse once, but it was New Year’s Day and I was willing to cut them a little snack.
Disneyland resto review

Last edited by burred (2015-07-18 16:04:10)

#2 2012-06-26 03:53:55

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Re: "cut me a little bit of snack" for slack

I really like the idea of pleading for some toothsome dainty. This variant seems more agricultural, and a good deal less appealing.

Can you cut me some stack for the typo?

Come on guys, cut me some stack. I took 5-10min to weigh some stuff and share some number and you guys point out all my errors…. haha.

I’m sure they will cut me some stack while my arm gets stronger.

Board footer