Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2005-11-21 07:45:32

klakritz
Eggcornista

'corroded artery' for 'carotid artery'

500+ ghits. Especially eggcornish when the carotids are in bad shape. Examples:

Roundhouse to the corroded artery on the neck is one I use often. my corner says I have to chill out before I kill someone.
www.k-1usa.net/forum/topic. asp?TOPIC_ID=1973&whichpage=1

Tomorrow a corroded artery (on the side of the neck) and one bypass are scheduled for sure…
www.nd.edu/~ljordan/butterfly/projects/day9.html

I also heard somewhere that if you really give the corroded artery a really deep slashing that the blood will drain out of his head ...
www.gsc-game.ru/main.php?t=community&s=forums& s_game_type=xr&thm_page=1&thm_id=2619&p…

But exactly what Dr. Schwamm says, I had corroded artery problems and I have all the symptoms that go with having a stroke.
www.family-health.net/ahtv_ related_material.cfm?Transcript_ID=40

It was near the corroded artery so consequently blood being sent to my head was higher then anywhere else in my body.
www.insyderhomielc.com/html/testimony.html

It cut my neck from ear to ear and i came within a papers thickness from my corroded artery witch would have killed me in seconds.
www.racerwrecks.com/racerpage.asp?user_id=984

#2 2012-06-25 13:09:57

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Re: 'corroded artery' for 'carotid artery'

Never mind the corrosion – who misplaced the root vegetable?

The room started spinning and my stomach got upset when I was 45, found out my neck internal carroted artery was blocked had to have operation to have it …

He isnt so bad today,, still got the runs but not as bad,, and the dr told him this morning that the reason hes been getting dizzy spells and the tingling is because of the left carroted artery on the left side of his neck.

He strugled but he couldent move and the next moment, he felt blinding pain as Miss Scarlet bit his carroted artery.

#3 2012-06-25 16:42:37

David Bird
Eggcornista

The carroted artery sounds quite healthy; a garroted artery is generally associated with trouble.

Yahoo questions
Could you give any detail on how to block the garroted artery to the brain?.....I couldn’t find any online info on that.

Action e-book
One was a collarbone shot that ricocheted sticking right into the sailors’ garroted artery

Cancer blog
Just prior to scheduled radiotherapy my garroted artery burst

$3.03 e-book, small part of a run-on sentence
he then threw his knife, it hit the guard in the side of the neck severing the garrotted artery he fell to the ground holding his throat, he lay their dying

#4 2012-06-25 18:32:26

kem
Eggcornista

Garroted – makes sense. The artery where blood is choked off.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#5 2012-06-26 08:37:18

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

Just a couple of these:

Pressing two fingers to the charioted artery, McGarrett confirmed that the man was very much still alive.

On the plain in Spain where it mainly rains.

#6 2012-06-26 08:56:02

burred
Eggcornista

I know from charioted arteries. All roads and bridges to Montréal’s island centre-ville are choked continually with chars. The inevitable result:

the back of the jaw will cause a knock out, or the neck where the clotted artery is, if you pinch the clotted artery shut you’ll make the guy drop right then and there.
Fighting tips

#7 2012-06-26 17:48:40

David Bird
Eggcornista

People don’t seem to have a very good opinion of the poor carotid. Here’s another version evoking corrosion.

How to do everything
There are multiple points on your body to take your pulse. However, the two easiest sites are located at the radial artery and the corrupted artery. The radial artery is located inside of your wrist. The corrupted artery is located on the side of your neck.

Hockey injuries you can look forward to
Another player that has also had a serious neck injury was Clint Malarchuk. His interior corrupted artery slit by Steve Tuddell’s skate, there was a three foot pool of blood on the ice.

Grey’s Anatomy fanfic
My mother had always said, if you were going to do anything, you were going to be the best. So at five years old, when I dissected a squirrel in my back yard to look at it’s corrupted artery, my mother decided I was going to be a surgeon, and pushed me until I got there.

Or beyond corruption:

Blog
This past weekend (Aug. 4-5) was busy, and tomorrow Dad is having co rotted artery surgery, which is rather serious, so it may be a couple of more days before I file a proper entry again.

also out there: carted, chartered, crotted arteries

#8 2012-07-23 11:30:53

buzhwa

These all make me giggle :D If I weren’t as voracious a reader, I would probably have no clear orthographic representation for “carotid” either :-P

#9 2012-07-25 15:13:53

larrybob
Eggcornista

Perhaps the artery is part of the structure that supports the head, like a column carved in the shape of a woman.

Discussion board “I have to give big kudos to the doctors and trainers as very few survive a caryatid artery being cut like that.”

Blog “Anyway, they were doing several free assessments, including an ultrasound on the caryatid artery to check for plaque.”

#10 2012-07-25 15:31:39

larrybob
Eggcornista

Or perhaps the artery is heart-shaped:

Answers site “Find a spot where you can easily feel your pulse, usually near your wrist on the bottom side of your arm, or near the cardioid artery on the neck.”

Photo caption “He saved my life by putting a stent in my right cartioid artery.”

This might have missed the target due to a malapropism, however:
Medical discussion “It was next to my carotid archery so they were being careful.”

#11 2012-07-25 15:56:25

burred
Eggcornista

Nice damage to the carotid, larrybob. I specially liked caryatid artery. Shapely.

Here’s another assault.

the priest would slash the karated artery of the sacrificed lamb or goat
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 416AAh5rFt

Board footer