Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2012-07-23 12:28:34

RochelleTr

"the wiser tact" for "the wiser tack"

React or Respond?
There are times when the “fight or flight” reaction is useful. For example, if a car is careening down the street at you, pausing to ask a few questions about why the driver is speeding is unlikely to be your best strategy. Like our caveman, getting the hell out of its way is definitely the wiser tact.
www.annemiller.com/blog/template_permalink.asp?id=205

They chose the wiser tact by going for a sure thing and an amount significantly below the judgment (56%).
http://coastsider.com/index.php/site/me … ddress%20D

The wiser tact would be to learn how each indicator works and use that information to build a unique trading system.
http://www.google.ca/webhp?rlz=1C1SKPM_ … 80&bih=709

16 Jul 2008 – I wonder if the wiser tact here would be to ignore it?
monteewilson.blogspot.com/2008/07/overcoming-despair.html

#2 2012-07-23 12:34:29

RochelleTr

Re: "the wiser tact" for "the wiser tack"

Sorry, I didn’t use the proper search mechanism before posting. I now see that the tack/tact confusion exists in the database.

Last edited by RochelleTr (2012-07-23 19:13:48)

#3 2012-07-23 19:00:18

kem
Eggcornista

Re: "the wiser tact" for "the wiser tack"

Not to worry. The search engines on this forum can be tricky. Besides, it’s good to be reminded of some of these classics.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer