Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2007-04-19 17:54:53

clcramer

two peas in a pot

Hi, everyone! First time poster – I came here via Language Log. I was browsing the Philadelphia City Paper’s website at www.citypaper.net and came across an eggcorn I’d never seen before:

We were as tight as two peas in a pot!!

See http://www.citypaper.net/lovehate/#73473 for the full text.

#2 2007-04-19 21:36:32

booboo
Eggcornista

Re: two peas in a pot

Good one! I ran into some confusion googling it. There’s a store by that name. Maybe someone else can pick up the trail for finding it in the wild, I’m too lazy right now.

#3 2012-08-07 03:21:24

larrybob
Eggcornista

Used by Nora Schweihs on TV show Mob Wives Chicago, S1E9. “Actually, they’re like two peas in a pot. They’re made for each other.” She is a frequent speaker of eggcorns and malaprops. In another episode (and in a related article, she uses the phrase resume the body

#4 2012-08-09 19:26:01

fpberger
Eggcornista

Googling “alike as two peas in a pot” I get 9 hits that look real, although a fair number of those appear to be non-native English speakers.

#5 2012-09-15 00:50:44

burred
Eggcornista

Forgive me for lowering the tone on this forum once again. I couldn’t resist.

I was looking at a former student’s MySpace a few days ago and noticed she had gotten married. I clicked through to her husband’s MySpace to see what he looked like, and I came to a photo of him and his son that was captioned “Two pees in a pot”. I cracked up. The poor guy obviously missed the point of the “two peas in a pod” phrase.
http://www.projectwedding.com/post/list … s-in-a-pot

Board footer