Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2007-04-19 12:54:53

clcramer

two peas in a pot

Hi, everyone! First time poster – I came here via Language Log. I was browsing the Philadelphia City Paper’s website at www.citypaper.net and came across an eggcorn I’d never seen before:

We were as tight as two peas in a pot!!

See http://www.citypaper.net/lovehate/#73473 for the full text.

#2 2007-04-19 16:36:32

booboo
Eggcornista

Re: two peas in a pot

Good one! I ran into some confusion googling it. There’s a store by that name. Maybe someone else can pick up the trail for finding it in the wild, I’m too lazy right now.

#3 2012-08-06 22:21:24

larrybob
Eggcornista

Used by Nora Schweihs on TV show Mob Wives Chicago, S1E9. “Actually, they’re like two peas in a pot. They’re made for each other.” She is a frequent speaker of eggcorns and malaprops. In another episode (and in a related article, she uses the phrase resume the body

#4 2012-08-09 14:26:01

fpberger
Eggcornista

Googling “alike as two peas in a pot” I get 9 hits that look real, although a fair number of those appear to be non-native English speakers.

#5 2012-09-14 19:50:44

burred
Eggcornista

Forgive me for lowering the tone on this forum once again. I couldn’t resist.

I was looking at a former student’s MySpace a few days ago and noticed she had gotten married. I clicked through to her husband’s MySpace to see what he looked like, and I came to a photo of him and his son that was captioned “Two pees in a pot”. I cracked up. The poor guy obviously missed the point of the “two peas in a pod” phrase.
http://www.projectwedding.com/post/list … s-in-a-pot

#6 2022-09-19 05:16:31

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Some other variants (The first and last have other citations, and there are other variants with beans out there. I’m in an airport and have to quit looking.)

To be like two peas in a pond = To be very similar; To be in a pickle = To be in a difficult situation that you don’t know the solution to; To

Just like peas in a pond, the staff at the company works collectively to ensure optimal customer satisfaction. This synergy is what makes
the business stand …

like two paws in a peed

You two look like two beans in a ball.

two beans in a bowl.

two beans in a bowl (we’re minors so be respectful please!!)

None of these rises (or descends) to the level of yours, Tocayo (David).

Last edited by DavidTuggy (2023-09-05 01:27:22)

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

Board footer