Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2012-09-08 05:22:08

David Bird
Eggcornista

Fish and ships

This is not an eggcorn (as far as I know) but a funny bit of Frenglish that was on the menu of a resto I was at last night. Their menu is online so I could capture this screen image:

There are a half a dozen of these from French and another half dozen from Thai sites in Google images. Who knows, maybe someone somewhere thinks that chips resemble small boats, or maybe submarines.

There is also a Peruvian menu for tourists that offers Fried fish in ships with no potato chips in sight. If this more than Spanglish, maybe the pieces of fish are set adrift in ships of batter?

Last edited by David Bird (2012-09-08 14:35:42)

#2 2012-09-18 17:53:36

burred
Eggcornista

Re: Fish and ships

Casts a different light on batter down the hatch. (It only took me a week and a half to think that one up.)

Board footer