Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2012-09-27 17:22:19

larrybob
Eggcornista

air message << error message

It seems like since there are examples where people use the word “error” and the word “air” in the same sentence, they think that the messages are called “air messages.”
Is it as though they are broadcast over the air?

Help forum: “racurring air message on my contact form. why do I get this air message: 500 – Internal server error.”

Support forum: “The computer spit out my DVD disk and an air message said, ” Error problem during the formating”.”

However, the following example doesn’t seem to be in error, since they are referring to a product or program called AIR: “I just tried to force an error, but didn’t get an Air message. I’ll keep you posted.” Response: “With the logs, I don’t just mean when you have an error message from AIR. Next time this happens if you could just attach your actual AIR logs that would be helpful.”

#2 2012-09-27 17:42:17

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: air message << error message

Air messages must come in on the error waves. It suggests the following interesting twist:

Though airplane crashes are often due to pilot air, such accidents may be due to poor maintenance of the plane or an inherent flaw in the design of the airplane itself.
Law firm blog

#3 2012-09-28 15:24:17

larrybob
Eggcornista

Re: air message << error message

Some people have problems with the bicycle error valves. This example oddly uses both “operator air” and “operator error.”
Bike forum: “All damage I’ve seen from Presta valves was due to operator air; I will admit that shraders are less likely to get damaged due to operator error but it could happen.”

Perhaps “operator air” indicates a gaseous condition:
Bowling forum: “I’ve lost the first one I made to because of operator air(brain fart), but I made two more.”

Board footer