Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2012-10-29 13:34:20

burred
Eggcornista

The hemlock maneuver

The etymology of hemlock passes through O.E. hemlic, for ‘poison, sickness, injury’. That’s parlously close to heimlich, the canny physician who developed the move, close enough for plenty to have made the jump. The hemlock maneuver is particularly appropriate in cases of accidental poisoning.

there are a lot more important things to learn when dealing with young kids like how to do the Hemlock maneuver on a baby
Youtoob

Hat and Gram starting laughing as Henry laughed and I laughed to. I almost had to give him the hemlock maneuver.
fic

I felt someone get behind me and start the hemlock maneuver.
fan fic

My dog was chewing on those combat roach motel. What do I do?
if he doesn’t die soon he’ll be OK. might need to give him the hemlock maneuver
blog

I dont wanna take the bbsitting class, some of the WORST baby sitters are the one’s who graduated from the class, but dont get me wrog, I do agree that you should know the hemlock maneuver.
Babysitting guide

I had a dream that a lady who introduced me to her 2 kids and 1 baby that put everything in his mouth. His mother didn’t make him take it out so i did, i would always take things like hair combs and batteries out of his mouth. then he was in the room with his mother and older brother choking, i ran up and tried the hemlock maneuver but its stomach felt like it was filled with batteries so i opened his mouth and pulled 2 hair combs, 4 batteries and the package for the batteries.
Unheimliche dream interpretation

We saw in passing the Heimlich remover. The hemlock remover is an uncanny natural.

The food in my throat got wedged in my throat and I started to cough heavily, thumping at my chest. “Someone help!” Carol screamed, putting her hands on my shoulder. She tried the hemlock remover, but didn’t seem to know what she was doing.
fan fic

Last edited by burred (2012-10-29 13:46:07)

#2 2012-11-02 04:12:34

Craig C Clarke
Eggcornista
Website

Re: The hemlock maneuver

I might name a song after this one. I have trouble thinking of titles anyway.

Board footer