Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2012-10-30 19:56:00

kem
Eggcornista

striptees << striptease

Could it be that some of the people who write “striptees” for “striptease” are thinking about doffing tee-shirts? Or do they think a striptease has something to do with a wet tee-shirt contest?

Examples:

Picture blog: “curtis also called dave fontaine to see if he’d come over and perform a striptees like last year”

Student forum: “Jessie must come out of hiding and entertain me by preforming a striptees to Caress Me Down by Sublime”

Florida newspaper forum: “they have this lady on stage and she has no idea of what is going on, then music starts and brad walks out and is allowed to start doing a striptees ”

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#2 2012-11-01 06:31:59

burred
Eggcornista

Re: striptees << striptease

Interesting and peculiar. Either they’re making a link to tee-shirts or thinking it’s a diminutive, pet-name, cutesy, all-in-good-fun name. Kind of like a distaff Mr. Softee. We should be able to find singletons. I looked for “striptee” (the word, not the video) and found mostly references to some sort of bandolier of golf tees. There are hits, but I’ve saved you from them. There is also this version.

i think she is a stripty dancer
yootoob

im a dancer in a dance groupe not a stripty girl…
User profile

A very hot girl making a stripties!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erbZrWfV … re=related

Board footer