Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2012-11-14 21:03:43

vexact

foulable for fallable!!!

I snagged this one on a HuffingtonPost comment . .. but I lost it. A google search turned up an even better example; ironically in a grammar/spelling blog:

that is all very true. I like the way way that You present your arugment. Reply
2. Pete – August 5, 2006 LOL you have used interrupt when you meant to say intepret Reply
3. Bill Rice – August 5, 2006 Corrected. Actually you meant interpret, not intepret. We are all foulable. My point, take pride in it and be willing to correct it. Thanks for pointing out the error. Hopefully you enjoy the blog! Reply
4. Daniel – July 3, 2007 You have used ‘foulable’ when you meant to say ‘fallible’. Reply

source: http://wmrice.wordpress.com/2006/05/28/ … important/

#2 2012-11-14 21:24:55

burred
Eggcornista

Re: foulable for fallable!!!

Really nice, widespread eggcorn, vexact. Here are some other hits.

Made omnipowerful and infoulable. Peaceful and benevolent. An answer to an unanswerable question. [...] Infoulable, responsible, unforgiving.
Creative writing

It has been verry effective at catching the virusses, but that doesn’t mean that it is infoulible.
Antivirus leak

The Pope may be infoulible, scientists are not
Movie forum

#3 2012-11-14 22:45:29

David Bird
Eggcornista

Here’s a simbling. Fallacy most foul. ‘Fallacy’ and ‘fallibility’ come from the same root in L.

u cant die from seeds but u can get something called divatictulious, however u spell it, then thats not good for u to eat seeds like it says but u cant die thats a foulacy !
Yahoo questions

To say that all the cods are exactly the same is a foulacy no matter how much the cod haters want to make it seem like that.
cod is gamy here, not fishy

Anything said can be called a foulacy and therefore ignored…
Philosophy forum

To those that would say somebody had to create the universe, then that is in itself a foulacy.
Yahoo questions

#4 2012-11-15 01:48:45

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

Moving on to the ph:

14 Apr 2009 – I’m not a popsicle kinda guy I think it’s the combonation of a stick and a foulic symbol all in one delectible treat that just seems off putting.

other disney movies that have made some controversy simply because there were subliminal messages and the occassional foulic symbol.

“Combonation” has a groovy hip jazzy sound to it.

Last edited by JuanTwoThree (2012-11-15 01:50:19)

On the plain in Spain where it mainly rains.

Board footer