Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-09-14 13:24:06

jorkel
Eggcornista

RUIN (rune) stones

Google counts on Sept 14, 2006
158,000 “rune stones”
397 “ruin stones”
Analysis by Joe Krozel

I defer to the Wikipedia for a discussion of Rune stones. There is also a nice picture of one there. (Apparently, there are also rune stones used for magical/mystical purposes. I’m not sure how the two types of stone are related). The archaeological nature of these rune stones may lead one to consider them to be among a site of ruins. Hence, the eggcorn “ruin stones.”

Rune stone – Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaRune stones are stones with runic inscriptions dating from the early Middle Ages but are … There are approximately 6000 known rune stones in Scandinavia. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rune_stone – 60k – Cached – Similar pages

Examples:
Question on Tarot card storage – Aeclectic Tarot Forumdo you think it would be okay to put my tarot cards in the same velvet bag as my ruin stones? or would the different energies mix up, ive had the ruin …
www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=65662 – 58k – Cached – Similar pages

NeverwinterConnections.com… two stones These stones were latter named the Ward Stones there power to seal magic devices and make smaller ruin stones These ruin stones though mystic …
www.neverwinterconnections.com/index.cf … d/7067.htm – 26k – Supplemental Result – Cached – Similar pages

Psychic Peter Anderson page-free psychic readingsPeople selling everything from bottled water to ruin stones to new concepts in the area of the psychic. The only negative that I have found at these …
www.psychicpeteranderson.com/week10.htm – 11k – Cached – Similar pages

Our 2003 Volvo OSD TripAs we traveled we would stop and see Viking ruin stones in nearby towns. This particular one was one of the more interesting ones we saw. Viking Ruin Stone …
www.mindspring.com/~kevgibbons/osd2003.htm – 19k – Cached – Similar pages

Are Psychics really weenies?Because any of the modalities of prediction, like tarot cards or ruin stones, which are just passage ways to stimulate in you what you already know. ...
www.tamargeorge.com/services.html – 32k – Cached – Similar pages

#2 2006-09-14 20:31:52

Tom Neely
Eggcornista

Re: RUIN (rune) stones

This seems to be an extremely pure eggcorn. It is not a pure hearing eggcorn, such as eggcorn itself. Nor is it a pure spelling eggcorn such as wave my rights. People who read, write, and spell (reed, right, and spiel?) still fall victim to the Ruin Stones (even if they are fans of the Rollin’ Stones)!

Rock On!

Last edited by Tom Neely (2006-09-14 20:32:40)

Board footer