Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2013-01-09 05:27:04

David Bird
Eggcornista

"Corky" for quirky

A corky personality must be effervescent, bubbly, buoyant. Unpredictable. Quirky.

Yahoo questions
What does it mean when someone calls you corky?
One of the counselors at my camp was leaving all of the kids notes and mine said this:
“You are so funny and I love your corky personality. You’ve done amazing this week and remember, there’s no place to go but up!” The last part was something all the counselors said frequently. Is corky a bad thing? I didn’t know whether to feel insulted or not.

Chacha questions
What does corky mean as a personality trait?
Corky personality means Lively; buoyant.

blog
Fear of raw meat contributes to corky personality
“She really hates kids…the smaller the child the more afraid she is,” best friend and roommate Sarah Luckasson said. Jessica Pedersen’s hatred for children may be the least of her corky personality features and her independent attitude is what makes her who she is.

Question forum Im a hispanic female who likes her caucasian guy friend who is an Elite model and beautiful green eyes and corky personality.

There is no way to predict the bobbing cork of fate.

If by some weird cork of fate, Newt got the Nomination
pol forum

Her friends would laugh because through some bizarre cork of fate Carmen had been right.
fanfic

Less easy to understand are corks untethered from fate.

I find it really gross when ice cream drips down the bowl, totally turns me off. But that is a weird cork of mine.
Food forum

I have this strange cork of constantly leaving butter out of baked items even though I get it out early to soften
Facebook

Board footer