Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are temporarily closed as we're receiving a steady stream of registration spam.

Anyone who wishes to register, please email me at chris dot waigl at gmail dot com with the desired username and a valid email address, and I will register you manually.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2011-03-08

#1 2013-01-19 18:16:31

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Wonder us

All of my life I have been fascinated with the wonder us properties of wood. It all began at the young age of 12 working with my family around the construction and development industry. I was able to watch the transformation of raw land into a new occupied home. As I grew I realized that it was a wonder us way for me to express my creativity as well as my artistic vision.

What a wonder-us sight as the light see’s my eyes / tis a place we should love and care for our times

No, however it seems like a wonder-us idea.

A bit hard to believe, but I guess what is wondrous does indeed wonder us. The double use in the first example above is particularly telling.

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

#2 2013-01-19 19:14:51

kem
Eggcornista

Re: Wonder us

I see other examples of “wonder us” for “wondrous.” Could be an eggcorn. There is a tendency for NA speakers to make “wondrous” into a three-syllable word (Listen to the third example at forvo) that might be an intermediate step on the way to the slip.

Board footer