Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-06-29 14:24:16

Craig C Clarke
Eggcornista
Website

"Toilet trees" for "Toiletries"

“Also, if you do not want to bring toilet trees or other things and want to travel light, you will be able to buy anything that you need when you arrive to camp”

(google HTML version of pdf file)
http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:7qg … =firefox-a

“you can also by some local clothes there, then you wont look like a tourist so much, and you have a lesser chance of being robbed. you should bring vitemins, toilet trees, cards for the plane ride.”
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index … 6060220633

Tough to find genuine eggcorns through google due to hundreds of people using the term jokingly, but true eggcornations of this phrase are out there!

#2 2006-07-05 19:23:57

Sandi

Re: "Toilet trees" for "Toiletries"

An image of a Far Side cartoon, featuring dogs and Toilet Trees, keeps popping into my head. I don’t know if there is such a cartoon but it isn’t difficult to imagine one.

#3 2011-04-29 19:15:09

palladio

I recently have seen a couple of examples of this (not on the web, but written communication). I think it should be in the database, but doesn’t seem to be there.

#4 2011-04-30 09:41:40

kem
Eggcornista

Dunno. It’s hard to see the image transference that would make it an eggcorn.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#5 2013-02-27 22:41:45

burred
Eggcornista

I ran across this one on a thread about Words or sayings you messed up and got a good laugh: toilet treats.

I have two pedestal sinks and no cabinets or drawers what so ever so I put it between the sinks. Now I have plenty of space to put all my toilet treats and it looks gorgeous.
Furniture sales

#6 2013-02-28 01:25:18

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Excellent! And much more transparent in its eggcornish meaning, for me at least, than toilet trees.

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

Board footer