Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2013-03-20 17:25:48

burred
Eggcornista

All burn hair

I’n not too sure about the semantics of this one so I’ll slip it in here. All-burn hair might be making reference to its faded red colour, as in it used to be flaming red, but now it’s just all-burn.

The second boy, with all-burn hair and hazel eyes [...] The boy with all-burn hair stopped twirling the straw
fanfic

I’m the only one in my mom’s family that has his red all-burn hair [...] My mother dyes her hair red all-burn
Tribute

Thrisha had long beautiful brunette locks of all burn hair.
fanfic

About Me: im 5’6 allburn hair green eyes
Date profile

my hair was allburn until some unprofesional hair styles messed up my highlights ang gave me Beer blood and allburn hair
deviantart profile

(Beer blonde? Beef blood?)

The etymology of auburn is interesting in itself. The word originally referred to L. alburnus, “off-white”, as in albus, “white”. It fell under the influence of M.E. brun, “brown”, to end up referring to reddish-brown.

Note also that allburn is to auburn as allsome is to awesome.

Edit: That etymological eggcornical quirk is still operating.

With my aubrown hair braided in sunlightI,my starry eye’s that looked like well the stars,my skinny fingers,my white gown that sparkled.
fanfic

Last edited by burred (2013-03-20 17:33:03)

#2 2013-03-20 22:28:05

kem
Eggcornista

Re: All burn hair

Looks eggcornish to me. But the lexical mind can be as inscrutable as the heart.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer