Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2011-11-20 22:39:37

kem
Eggcornista

noisy parker << nosey parker

Speaking of refocused insults: the web has more than a hundred examples of “noisy parker” for “nos(e)y parker.”

A nosey parker is someone who pries into the affairs of other in an unwelcome way. The phrase first appeared in the late 19th century. It’s origin is unknown.

Presumably a noisy parker is an intrusive person who pries a bit too loudly.

Bangladeshi forum: “I’m sorry that I even tryed talking to you guys, reading back at the comments, you lot made me sound as a *noisy parker*”

Thai hotel forum: “this is a prime example of why i posted a post asking people to fill out profile or be specific. not being a noisy parker but how can anyone answer this post. without knowing a little bit about the poster .”

Forum post on English fashion model site: “Just another noisy parker question from me I am afraid!! ”

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#2 2011-11-21 09:27:52

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: noisy parker << nosey parker

Those noisy parkers should really keep their snouts out of other people’s business.

Busy bodiers or shuld i cal dem nosy porker or enemies of progress,what i belive is dat anybody who dont apprieciate good tins,good tins wil neva com his/her way.Uche n Eliot carry on no shakin.bt mak una remba 2 put God 1st in evrytin.
News from Nollywood

The utility of this framework for the current review is somewhat limited because most studies of CCTV schemes have tended to collect only data that can explore the you’ve been framed and effective deployment mechanisms, and sometimes the publicity (general), publicity (specific) and nosy porker mechanisms.
Closed circuit TV for crime prevention

And if you are us much of a nosy porker as I think you are you will follow the link below and have a look at the gorgeous new things.
Internet shopping come-on

#3 2013-04-20 08:17:35

kem
Eggcornista

A recasting of “nosey parker” that makes some sense is nosy poker, with poker referring to people who poke their noses into the business of others.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

#4 2013-04-20 11:40:19

David Bird
Eggcornista

Best of the year list shoe-in.

Board footer