Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2013-05-15 09:21:55

kem
Eggcornista

fewfinders << viewfinders

Pocket cameras seem to be trending away from tiny lensed peepholes and toward larger flat-panel displays. Many of us who have spent our photographic lives in thrall to the field-of-vision constraints presented by camera viewfinders might sympathize with the score of writers on the web who think they are called “fewfinders/few finders.”

Camera tech discussion thread: “ the ability to have a wide range of good quality lenses, and to see through the main lens in the fewfinder, combined with low cost are significant advantages of 35mm.”

Studio photog discussion: “BIG fewfinder like the one in the F6, ”

A chat log: “They are too dark for me as well,,,,but you cant judge by my fewfinder very well,,,thus I want a laptop next”

Another discussion thread: “ why does the few finder go black in A+(intelligent) mode?”

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer