Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-09-14 20:20:03

Tom Neely
Eggcornista

I Am Not Swarthy!

Tonight, just now, I see that my Eggcorn Rank has been elevated from Member to Eggcornista. Think ewe! Thunk yew, berry mulch! I never will send as many eggcorns as Jupiter Jorkel sends, but I will glory in his shadow. May I put this on my resume? Do they call it a resume because, when you send it out, you are trying to resume your employment?

#2 2006-09-15 10:04:18

Tom Neely
Eggcornista

Re: I Am Not Swarthy!

Doctor Jorkel, or Anyone – I love this web site, but I know nothing of its workings. Yesterday, I started on page 30 of “Contribute”, reading the old posts, to try to learn more. What is this you say of Language Log? Are we sort of a minor league for Language Log?

I am certain that many of the proposed eggcorns here will get into the database. There must be an eggcorn harvest season, when sturdy peasants gather in the crop, and winnow it, inspect it, and then package it under strict guidelines.

Can you tell me (and the rest of the sturdy peasants) anything more about this eggcorn orchard?

#3 2006-09-16 14:30:43

Tom Neely
Eggcornista

Re: I Am Not Swarthy!

More on the Eggcorn Database
I looks as if the latest addition was on September 9th, less than two weeks ago. A few others went in during August.

I encourage everyone to look at older posts and submissions under Contribute. And then look in User List, and read all the great submissions by klakritz, and Pats the Administrator, and jorkel, and others. Even klakritz’s and Pat’s throwaway semicorns are numerous and brilliant. Probably, the Eggcorn Infrastructure is not set up to process so much high-quality ore. And they probably have biggers eggs to fry.

I hope that the Eggcorn Powders What B will send us some news. Maybe some of us could process some of the backlog??? Preliminary processing, at least?

Last edited by Tom Neely (2006-09-16 14:32:46)

Board footer