Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-09-16 17:03:06

Tom Neely
Eggcornista

Tweaks, maybe?

This web site flows extremely well. Once we get accustomed, we can use it like crazy. A suggestion: The meat here (or the corn here) is the Contribute section, but the basic interface is the Forum Index. And the rest is wonderful, but new users may not understand.

So, I wonder if you might include the category of each post in the Forum Index. That way, people who are new to the site would see that this post comes from Soapbox, and they would know that this is just procedure, not meat (just egg, not corn).

To illustrate, in Forum Index, this post could have the title “Tweaks, maybe? [Soapbox].” And perhaps the “Contribute” posts could be in exciting red, while the rest (including this post) would be in boring blue or black.

I have made maybe six posts or comments today, but three of my posts have been procedural, or tour-guide-ish. Posters who want eggcorns rather than baloney should know what to see, and what to ignore.

Humbly,
TN

Board footer