Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2013-06-11 15:02:41

larrybob
Eggcornista

lavicious << lascivious

Neither lewdness nor cruelty is a virtue, but the two seem to sometimes be confused.

Lots of hits on the variation on the standard phrase:

Forum discussion title: “Lewd and Lavicious Behavior”

ABC News report: “Huckaby was charged days later with murder and the special circumstances of kidnapping, lewd and lavicious acts with a child…”

What do you call it when there’s a malaprop using an eggcorn? Apparently they meant “lavishness.”
Condo rental ad: “The laviciousness of the unit is extended with true wood and stone finish, custom trim work, and decoration throughout. ”

#2 2013-06-12 09:13:45

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: lavicious << lascivious

It’s possible that some are reading vice in there.

Yeah what is with the FP fetish for lewd and la vicious anyway??? What is this, Playboy? LOL
Etsy

Or the carnal of the cardinal sins, lust.

The book I picked up at the library focused more on her lustivious character, and dislike of her husband.
Roots web“http://newsarch.rootsweb.com/th/read/GEN-DE/2000-02/0949569844

My record is clean but my brother has a felony conviction for lude and lustivious act with a minor above 16 year old.
visa problems

I caught Kun Yang looking at Churen lustiviously [...] i have concluded that it wasn’t a lustivious look but a jealous look and he has concluded that i am absolutely juvenile and childish.
Blog

#3 2013-06-12 10:26:51

larrybob
Eggcornista

Re: lavicious << lascivious

There is something kind of campy about lustivious. Apparent there is a drag king who goes by Lustivious Dela Virgion:

Board footer