Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2010-12-16 02:48:12

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

Good Reddens

The semantics escape me but this is a popular one:

Good reddens this criminal is arrested, let’s hope they all follow!

Say goodbye and good reddens to wasting gasoline or petrol.

Good reddens. She was an over paid slug. Nobody liked her

Good Bye and Good reddens. I just hope you fold up and go away sooner than later.

Any ideas? “Good blushes” ?

Even more inexplicable:

Good radiance, jail the classless trash.

Well if he does, good radiance!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. GOOD RADIANCE TO BAD RUBBISH

Good radiance to Mother Russia

Last edited by JuanTwoThree (2010-12-16 03:15:33)

On the plain in Spain where it mainly rains.

#2 2010-12-16 06:53:34

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Re: Good Reddens

Excellent, both of them, though I’m especially fond of the second. However, what attracts me about them is precisely their nonsensicalness (or not-quite-sensicalness), which detracts from full eggcornhood. Still …

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

#3 2010-12-16 07:22:47

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

I hope you can sleep at night. Good Writtens you Bastards …

WE WILL READ EVENTUALLY HER FUNERAL NOTICE. GOOD WRITTENS. WE HAVE ENOUGH DOPE HEADS

Jenny says goodbye, good writtens, and good luck

On the plain in Spain where it mainly rains.

#4 2010-12-16 08:30:05

burred
Eggcornista

Agreed, all are wonderfully obscure. Good radiance! Good writtens could be contorted into something logical, I think. Here’s a litigious one.

Gossip blog
The guy did something wrong & shouldn’t be allowed around children if that is what HE thinks is an ok way to act. Good writtance he’s gone!

Law blog
Good writtance…let’s hope more like you leave the bench. Stop playing games with our Constitution!!!

Investment blog
So, you won’t get another penny from me or anybody else because as you know word travels lightning fast in this Internet age. So, GOOD WRITTANCE!

#5 2010-12-16 08:36:14

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

A few more…

eon and zaraki whont be missed… god writtens i say

God Riddens of that Piece of Trash,, who was Going to waste More Tax Dollars for a Useless Defence.

It sits on the Opel Omega platform, which is the same as the Cadillac Catera: aka the CTS (god riddens to that vehicle). .

#6 2010-12-16 15:35:08

yanogator
Eggcornista

My mother, from northern Ohio, used to say “get red of …” and “to red up the dishes”, so “good reddance” would sound right to her.

Bruce

“I always wanted to be somebody. I should have been more specific.” – Lily Tomlin

#7 2013-06-28 10:45:13

David Bird
Eggcornista

Yikes, I went to all the trouble of writing this up before checking in the catacombs. Bad strategy. I can’t bear to throw these further examples away, so here they are, along with the slightly tortured justification. And the acorn, riddance.

Good writtens. You’ve been written out of the scene. Goodbye, that’s all she wrote. Good writtens might be a reference to the closing of a chapter. It might come most naturally in those dialects (that I seem to hear more and more frequently) where d is pronounced as I would a t. There appear to be more than a hundred hits.

Our old friend, Parker has left our team:( but good writtens to him
http://confinedskategoods.blogspot.ca/

I will start this fishing report by saying GOODBYE!! and GOOD WRITTENS!! to January and February.
http://www.worldwidefishing.com/on_the_ … tml?id=267

Forget immature boys who just turn into immature men…...GOOD WRITTENS.
http://sparklemiamor.blogspot.ca/

Say good writtens and move on dude.
http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breakin … ize-s-over

Last edited by David Bird (2013-06-28 10:48:09)

#8 2021-11-06 12:04:27

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Clutching a handful of ribbonses, I thought I’d best check first and it’s as well I did. No point, then, in elaborating clumsy notions of irony and deceptive decoration. What a relief!

‘Stuff the lot of you, good ribbons to bad rubbish,’ he thought as the taxi drove out of the gates.

SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE YEAH BRING IT ON AND GOOD RIBBONS TO A DRUNKEN MOB WHEN IT HAPPENS MAKE SURE WE DON,T HELP THEM OUT WITH CASH BECAUSE …

haha my 4yr old (nearly 5yr) son just stormed out the room and slammed the door, opened the door again and shouted “and good ribbons to you too” and slammed …

They’d all of ‘em just say: ‘Good ribbons to bad rubbish,’ I guess!”

Board footer