Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2014-03-07 11:30:01

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

"cyclepathic", "cycle logical"

Is there anyone actually in the BNP apart from hard left infiltrators trying to create the impression it’s full of cyclepathic thugs like them?
page 8 of Ixquick search results for ‘cyclepathic’

Unitarists believe that people who oppose them have cyclepathic tendancies, that when people do not agree with them “what we have here is a failure to communicate”...
discussion of local politics

Sounds cyclepathic to me…Coming from someone whose kid doesn’t watch any tv lol xx
parenting discussion

It’s all cycle logical really, if you can’t get it, you want it more!
discussion thread

Most examples of “cyclepathic” or “cycle logical” I found were puns (names of bicycle shops, etc.). The pronunciation similarity with “psychopathic” and “psychological”, respectively, is obvious. As far as a possible eggcornish meaning connection goes—well, some psychological conditions are cyclical in nature, such as Bipolar Disorder. There’s even a form of Bipolar Disorder that used to be called Cyclothymia. Even the alternation of psychotic episodes with more normal states of mind in illnesses such as Schizophrenia might cause someone to confuse “cycle” with “psycho-”. So, maybe an eggcorn in a few cases. (Searching for “cycle therapy” and “cycle analysis” yielded no eggcornish examples, though my searches weren’t exhaustive.)

Board footer