Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2014-07-13 13:25:20

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'go over bored' for 'go overboard'

I’m trying to tease some satisfactory meaning from this – perhaps stunned by extreme tedium one passes into a new world of impulsive enthusiasm?

I followed her weightloss programme and nearly died, what she doesnt tell you is that if you go over bored on seeds and nuts when you dont normally eat them it can lead to or trigger of an allergy as I found out to great cost.

They go over-bored. I mean, really, how many different ways can you worship a fictional character before it gets repetitive?

Or could a motoring metaphor lie behind some usage?

i dont want to go over bored with too larger cylinder. what are you racers … goes on the engine

The cars basicly stock, not to much planned for it as i dont want to go over bored on it. Mods to be done. Slam it. Ve supersports +

#2 2014-07-14 14:56:20

kem
Eggcornista

Re: 'go over bored' for 'go overboard'

I can see it. If you go overboard on something, you go way past bored with something.

Hatching new language, one eggcorn at a time.

Board footer