Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-09-24 14:56:28

jorkel
Eggcornista

a HORSE voice (hoarse)

Google hits on Sept 24, 2006
308,000 “hoarse voice”
10,800 “HORSE voice”
Analysis by Joe Krozel

A “hoarse” voice is one which is rough or harsh in sound. Granted, “horse” may simply be a misspelling of “hoarse,” but consider this: If you did not know the word “hoarse” per se, wouldn’t you think that a “horse voice” was an allusion to the strained sounds of a whinny? Whence the eggcorn a “HORSE voice.”

Examples:

Pager Forum – Adults – Horseness- voice – RefluxI have been having a horse voice for about Two Years now. I have been Diagnosed with advaned Gerd reflux, I am currentley taking Prilosec for reducicing my …
www.reflux.org/reflux/webdsc01.nsf/vwID … enDocument – 8k – Cached – Similar pages

Luna Park – San Francisco, San Francisco Tours, San Francisco …Note, it can get busy on weekends, so you may wind making new friends or with a bit of a horse voice. This also a great place for happy hour, ...
www.sanfranshuttletours.com/luna_park.htm – 35k – Cached – Similar pages

HypothyroidismABSOLUTELY no energy, I felt like my strength drained out of me with the slightest movement, frequent muscle cramps, horse voice,short of breath, ...
209.51.172.19/forums/Thyroid/messages/1240.html – 24k – Cached – Similar pages

Last edited by jorkel (2006-09-24 14:58:15)

Board footer