Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2006-09-25 11:01:26

jorkel
Eggcornista

A LEAN on property (lien)

Google counts on Sept 25, 2006
1,410,000 “a lien on”
15,200 “a LEAN on”—Eggcorn
Analysis by Joe Krozel

A “lien” is a charge on a property to satisfy a debt. To “lean on” (s.o./s.t.) means ” to put pressure on someone or something to get what you want” (according to the Freedictionary website). Consequently, one may imagine putting “a LEAN on” a property to induce repayment of a debt.

Examples:

hwg-business archive: RE: Way off topic and I apologize by …Tried to put a lean on his property, paid fees to file, couldn’t put lean on property because their was already a prior lean and I was second. ...
archives.hwg.org/hwg-business/NDBBLHELDKJBGFAGDMDCOEMLDHAA.webmaster@webwham.com – 5k – Cached – Similar pages

Real Estate Home Mortgages: 2nd Mortgage foreclosureMy mom says they can only put a lean on it and that I can catch up and send payments and they cannot take our house. Can you please tell me if this is true? ...
experts.about.com/q/Real-Estate-Home-1842/2nd-Mortgage-foreclosure.htm – 20k – Cached – Similar pages

Collections Law: Credit Card Debt Liability after divorceThe credit card company has threatened to garnish his wages and/or put a lean on the house (he lives in PA). In his divorce papers it states that he is not …
experts.about.com/q/Collections-Law-912/Credit-Card-Debt-Liability.htm – 22k – Cached – Similar pages

No CompromiseConnor’s family put a lean on their home as a form of collateral to attain Connor’s release from custody. Connor is currently free pending future trial …
www.nocompromise.org/news/010312a.html – 10k – Cached – Similar pages

Unfortunate situation, need some advice.Couldn’t you mom file a lean on the property which she loan money to your sister….and if your sister doesn’t pay back the loan in a timely manner your mom …
www.askmehelpdesk.com/real-estate/unfor … 33220.html – 48k – Cached – Similar pages

Ask the ExpertI never paid the monthly payments and they later placed a lean on the house.Can they take away my home? Is the house still mine and can I sell it? ...
www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/busin … ront.ht… – 36k – Cached – Similar pages

Board footer