Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2015-02-28 02:37:18

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'Victorian Albert' for 'Victoria and Albert'

It can be tough for dead Royals; some have eras of British history named after them, Edwardian (or Ed wordian even), while others have the ignominy of sharing their name with a style of penile piercing. I came across someone who believed the Victoria and Albert Museum was the Victorian Albert, as opposed to the Georgian Albert perhaps. Others share this belief:

I went to visit the Victorian Albert Museum to see if I could find items that the Victorians may have had in their living rooms.

If a researcher for the Victorian Albert Museum were to make a statement in the press, on a website, or even – God forbid – an Oxfordian publication, it makes no …

Leave the garden by the metal gate and return to Chelsea via the Victorian Albert Bridge e. Hospital 3, designed by Christopher Wren, and turn left into the …

Prestigious customers include the Victorian Albert Museum and the natural History Museum and professional firms such as Clifford Chance and KPMG (all the ..

#2 2015-02-28 09:32:05

JuanTwoThree
Eggcornista

Re: 'Victorian Albert' for 'Victoria and Albert'

This ‘David Bowie Is’ exhibit, which includes all the artifacts from the London exhibit held at the Victory and Albert Museum recently, showcases…

Guests enjoy Korean cuisine at an event promoting Korean culture at the Victory and Albert Museum in London on Monday

Jane, I love the Victory and Albert Museum! The textile collections alone could occupy a life time of study.

and many more.

Not forgetting

This spring the National History Museum, London will be launching a major exhibition about coral reefs

and its counterpart

... David Attenborough, shot to mark his status as Britain’s “greatest living icon”, is due to be unveiled at the Natural Portrait Gallery tomorrow

Another repository of knowledge in this Other London:

My information was based on a visit to the empirical war museum in London some years ago and I trusted the source.

Well, you would, wouldn’t you?

No visit would be complete without visiting

Madame Two Swords

Last edited by JuanTwoThree (2015-02-28 09:49:53)

On the plain in Spain where it mainly rains.

Board footer