Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2015-03-12 09:38:11

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'top nudge' for 'top notch'

I can’t see anything outstandingly eggcornish in this at the moment, but if users have some pinball history it begins to make some alternative sense.

The neighborhood isn’t top nudge but it’s quiet and very central. We (4persons) had a very good experience and wold recommend this place if you, like us, …

Your jewelry webstore is flawless: a great design, exquisite jewelry and competitive pricing makes it top nudge.

We used high-quality nylon materials and top nudge zippers to attract both the hobby and the avid carp fisherman with these bags and holdalls.

#2 2015-03-13 18:44:09

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Re: 'top nudge' for 'top notch'

Forget the pinball – try a little something to eat instead…

... are useless new 1s have disk but are slower i think if u going in to motorbikes always were leathers and buy a top nosh padlock and chain as …

Upgraded to a top nosh samsung system but must admit for the money the panasonic sure kicked ass.

So when I saw the headline stating ‘John Malkovich hands out flyers at Edinburgh Fringe’, of course I needed to read more. Really…a top nosh actor gracing our …

Hi, im looking for a top nosh bridal gown maker to reproduce the claire pettibone mystere dress. i would like some changes, that i will discuss …

#3 2015-03-15 01:44:01

Dixon Wragg
Eggcornista

Hey, Peter, check out this variation:

They are choosing to go with Peru for Less! This agency is top knot and we can’t recommend them enough!
travel review

Besides the comic fact, the rest of the article is top knot and should no doubt stay featured.
gamers’ discussion

Nice package! Your service is top knot and always up!
Internet biz

This Dealership is top knot with professional folks to help you
business review

Some guys run half a radiator or a Honda civic radiator, most important is the coolant system is top knot, water pump and cooling fans also working perfectly to keep the temps down.
car talk

The breakfast buffet/ coffee shop is top knot.
another travel review

#4 2015-03-15 06:17:01

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

Thanks Dixon – and where there’s a tee there’s usually a dee too. Unfortunately most top nod use is non-adjectival. employed as acclamation, or a kind of supreme hat-tip, but not all:

if ur not a top nod scholar, u can forget about admin service even ur a scholar, there are more scholars ahead of u, scholar also grades as to …

Today Assault Publishing online store offer was enriched with new, fine 3mm SF range. These top-nod minis are very useful either for PMC …

Board footer