Eggcorn Forum

Discussions about eggcorns and related topics

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Registrations are currently closed because of a technical problem. Please send email to if you wish to register.

The forum administrator reserves the right to request users to plausibly demonstrate that they are real people with an interest in the topic of eggcorns. Otherwise they may be removed with no further justification. Likewise, accounts that have not been used for posting may be removed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Chris -- 2018-04-11

#1 2015-05-01 09:09:33

Peter Forster
Eggcornista

'vaguest/vagueness nerve' for 'vagus nerve'

For most us the whereabouts of every nerve is sketchy at best, and its function similarly hazy. So much for the alternative imagery. The Latin vagus means wandering or rambling and vague, vagabond and vagrant are apparently from the same root.

Acetylcholine: first discovered neurotransmitter in 1920, early researchers stimulated the vaguest nerve (activated internal organs). When they stimulated the …

My only “hot flash” issue had to do with what I eat. My vagueness nerve (in stomach) gets mad at vinegar & pepper.

Yoga also stimulates our vaguest nerve (a nerve that runs from the back of the neck to our perineum), says Weintraub. Stimulating this nerve is one way some practitioners treat depression.

#2 2015-05-01 23:18:35

DavidTuggy
Eggcornista
Website

Re: 'vaguest/vagueness nerve' for 'vagus nerve'

Good ’un.

*If the human mind were simple enough for us to understand,
we would be too simple-minded to understand it* .

(Possible Corollary: it is, and we are .)

#3 2015-05-12 11:19:38

David Bird
Eggcornista

Re: 'vaguest/vagueness nerve' for 'vagus nerve'

I am amazed that I have an idea of what the vacuous nerve does
book review

Vegas Nerve: I have been trying to find out about all the things that the Vegas nerve effects. I know that a pinched Vegas nerve because of a Hiatal Hernia can cause the heart to race and the digestive system to be out of whack
biology online

Board footer